Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 1- June 29th, 2011- on the plane

Feeling a little sentimental.  I already miss everyone i"ve left behind in Texas.  I know I should be excited, and I am, but right now it"s more nervous than excited.... This is my first trip alone.  No family, no friends, and no idea of what to expect.

I think i"ve been keeping myself from getting too excited so I don"t get let down, which tends to happen to me.  I let my imagination get the better of me and then nothing, no matter how great, can measure up.

I know i"ve been saying once I get on the plane it will feel real, but it still doesn"t.  Once I leave the airport and see where i"m staying, and meet my roommates, I think it will finally hit me.  Hopefully.

I just hope I can sleep through most of this 10 hour flight.  I brought a book, my Ipod, and melatonin.  Think I might even have a cocktail to ease the nerves.  (sorry mom : ) )

I do realize what a great opportunity this is, and what a big accomplishment this is for me... Leaving the country and the people I"m accustomed to...going to a country that doesn"t even speak the same language....However I will be dancing, and dance is a universal language.

This is going to be an interesting and exciting adventure!!!!

P.S. I warn you all now, this keyboard is different than i"m used to and the spell check is in spanish, so my spelling and punctuation wont be awesome, but i"ll get my point across

2 comments:

  1. aww we miss you....and we know you will do awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you start dancing, everything will come together for you. The time will fly by fast. Enjoy and get that pillow......

    ReplyDelete