Monday, July 25, 2011

Days 13-16- July 11th-14th, 2011

This is totally cheating but should get me closer to caught up on my blog, and sense I have such as full schedule, nothing that eventful happens during the week.

Monday was the first day of Spanish Class at UBA. It starts at 9:30 and I missed my alarm and didnt wake up until 8:45 when one of my roommates poked their head in to make sure I was alive, haha. They wanted to get there early since it was the first day so I sent them on their way. I scrambled around to get ready, and then ran and hopped on the bus. Its a very good thing I am good at quick exits, I was only ten minutes late, and hadnt missed anything.
The first day of class was introductions and getting to know everyone, basic stuff. After class I hopped on the subte...for the first time by myself...and made my way to my Individual ballet class. Chichi kicked my butt to state it lightly haha. Then I made my way to san telmo and first exchanged more money. Then I went and sat in Havana, a cafe near by, but never got asked if I wanted anything, I went around 4 during siesta, and the workers don't want to do anything. After 15 minutes of that I left and headed to Origen but it's apparently closed on Monday's so I decided to try the cafe across the street.
I got a banana and milk licuado, which is basically just a smoothie, and then some ravioli and chicken, it was pretty good.
In true argentine style I sat there for an hour and a half and listened to music and choreographed. Then I headed home to have thirty minutes of down time, and then we were off to night ballet.
Tuesday I woke up a little early (atleast for me) got dressed then headed to the cafe on the corner for cafe de leche and media lunas, then headed to spanish. After Spanish kristina and I headed to a cafe across from (UBA) our school, and had lunch and did our homework, then I headed to my first pilates class.
I really enjoyed it. We get to use pilates machines, you get individual attention, and the instructor seems very knowledgeable about dance. Then I had a short break for a snack then it was time for flying low, which is an awesome class. It can be quite fast sometimes and use a lot of upper body strength. Then we headed to night ballet with chichi. So I left the house at 8:30 am and didn't make it back until 10:30 pm.
Wednesday I overslept for school. I went to Origen for lunch, and got a really good Caesar salad. I then met up with a couple of the girls to share a taxi to tango. Each class everyone gets a little more comfortable. We worked on technique and played partnering games. After tango we cabed it to jazz with sole which was a very nice class. I wanted to stay for tap but the teacher was unable to teach it because she had to man the desk, so we walked home.
Thursday I made it to Spanish but a few minutes late. After class I rushed home because I hadn't gotten to shower in two days. The shower was working correctly, so I took advantaged and showered a really long time. Then met up with some of the girls because laura found a bus route that could get us to tango, which is much cheaper than a cab, but we were a few minutes late, then we went home on the bus, then later headed to night ballet once again.
As you can see this week has been nothing but running around from one place to another, but I'm defiantly getting more comfortable commuting around the city, even by myself.

1 comment:

  1. It is always good to know you are still alive and well! I know your mom wants to know as well as all your friends and your MOM'S friends!! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.....even the ones you have never and may never meet!